FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT XHANCE
XHANCE is a corticosteroid indicated for the treatment of nasal polyps in patients 18 years of age or older.
What is the dosage form and strength of XHANCE?
- Each metered spray delivers 93 mcg of fluticasone propionate in 106 mg of aqueous suspension
How much spray is delivered per actuation?
- Each metered spray delivers 93 mcg of fluticasone propionate in 106 mg of aqueous suspension through the cone-shaped nosepiece. One prescribed unit dispensed from the pharmacy provides 120 metered sprays
How long will the prescription last?
- If dosed 1 spray per nostril BID, one prescribed unit dispensed from the pharmacy will last for 30 days. If dosed 2 sprays per nostril BID, one prescribed unit dispensed from the pharmacy will last for 15 days
What is the shelf life of XHANCE?
- 24 months
Is XHANCE red dye free?
Does XHANCE contain alcohol?
Does XHANCE have a fragrance?
- No, the product does not have a fragrance
What is the particle size?
- Particle size distribution is in the range of 0 to 5 microns
Does XHANCE include dyes, gluten, or lactose?
- The suspension contains a preservative (benzalkonium chloride) to prevent microbial growth
How many sprays will one vial deliver?
- One vial of XHANCE contains 120 metered sprays as well as those needed for priming
Do patients need to sniff to get the medication into the nose?
- Patients should not inhale (sniff) when blowing (exhaling) into the mouthpiece. They should continue to blow into the mouthpiece while pressing the vial to release the medication. The exhaled breath helps to deliver the medication high and deep into the patient’s nasal passages1,2
Should patients pinch off the other nostril while using the device?
- Patients should never block the other nostril because the exhaled breath must pass around the back of the nasal septum and out the other side of the nose
How often do patients need to clean the device?
- Patients do not need to clean XHANCE. If they prefer to clean the device, they should remove the cap and use a clean, dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the device after each use
How do patients use the product?
- Refer to the Instructions for Use. There is also an administration video on XHANCE.com that may be helpful
Can other medications be put into the XHANCE device?
- No other medications can be put into the XHANCE device. XHANCE EDS is a self-contained unit; the delivery system cannot be attached to other medications